Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Mike's Top Ten Favorite Images from Berserk

Kentaro Miura, creator of "Berserk" and insanely-gifted artist and storyteller passed away at the beginning of May.  I'm only a recent convert to his work, but I wanted to express my appreciation for the man and mark the passing of a legend.  Even if Berserk ends here and now, Kentaro Miura left behind a staggeringly-influential body of work that will never be forgotten.

So here we go, with minimal context... my top ten favorite images/pages from Berserk.  (Presented in publishing order.)

"Berserk..."

"At least wipe the blood off."

"You said "anywhere but here", right?"

The Black Swordsman, protector of the Branded Girl.
THIS ASSHOLE.  
"No man, no human... can move like that!"
 
I'm still here.

The last thing many Apostles see.

Guts/Zodd Rival Fusion!

21 years...

Thank you, Kentaro Miura.

-Mike



 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment